Tayada Sa Plaza Sa Dumaguete

When we were in Dumaguete last August, we got the chance to watch an afternoon show at their own Quezon park which according to Maimai, our host’s sister is happening every Sunday afternoon and are presented as well as cooperated by all schools in town. I haven’t seen something like this for months now and it brought me back to my elementary and secondary years where I involve myself in every extracurricular activities.

I didn’t really understand what Tayada means, neither did I hear it from any Boholano or Cebuano term so I googled it. But I failed to find the right equivalent term instead, I found this:
DUMAGUETE CITY, Feb. 5 (PIA) --- Dumaguete City’s most popular cultural show returns to the stage today, Feb. 5, after nearly three months of absence from the local limelight.
Dumaguete City Tourism Officer Woodrow Maquiling, Jr. earlier announced the return of Tayada sa Plaza, a weekly cultural event that has been staged every Sunday afternoon at the Quezon Park for the past ten years.
Tayada sa Plaza showcases the numerous talents and skills of students coming from the schools in Dumaguete City.



Lovely ladies danced the Muslim dance.
And so I just realized that they are doing this since before! I salute the Tourism office of Dumaguete City for their eagerness and support to their youth’s skills. According to them, the local show is a manifestation of the strong spirit of partnership between the private sector and the government since the Tayada sa Plaza is partnered by all the schools, private or public ones of Dumaguete.
This baby kept on staring at me the entire show!
Street Children



Pin It!

Leave a comment

Please leave a comment