Sippin' Healthy Lemon Grass at Jojie's Painitang Bol-anon

 When we went home last weekend for my niece Aiesha's 2nd birthday, James and I decided to go home via Tubigon since we ran out of promo tickets. Thinking we could save more if we go via Tubigon. So again, we rode the Starcraft 10:30am schedule. The vessel had a hard time docking on Tubigon port due to the heavy waves, almost twelve noon. We reached Tagbilaran past one and we were dead hungry.

Our taste buds looked for something we can't find in Cebu so we ended up going to the nearest one, Jojie's Painitang Bol-anon. I had been there before but I ordered their native delicacies like Cassava Cake, Biko, Puto, Sapin-sapin and more. This time, James and I ordered their breakfast meals. 

Spanish Sardines for him at Php 50 and Kosahos Baboy for me at Php 70. I was disappointed  because of the serving. I was really not satisfied, I guess it was just one small slice piece which I guess didn't reach my throat at all and worse it was very salty. James on the other hand was satisfied with his order. Said his order was "sulit" with the three pieces of sardines. His favorite Spanish sardines was from a small local "carenderia" near their former workplace in Escario, Cebu good for Php 35 per piece.



Kosahos Baboy at Php 70
Spanish Sardines at Php 50
Though it was an unsatisfactory experience, we were glad we had the chance to try their Lemon Grass juice. They served it for Php 15 per glass with brown sugar. It was not a tasty drink though even after I added some brown sugar but both of us still managed to finish it up because of its healthy facts. They had it posted on their walls:
  • helps to detoxify the liver, pancreas, kidney, bladder and digestive tract
  • cuts down uric acid, cholesterol, excess fats and other toxins in the body
  • helps prevent indigestion and gastroenteritis
  • improves the skin by reducing acne and pimples
  • reduces blood pressure

Have you tried the said restaurant? How was your experience?


Pin It!

4 Comments to “Sippin' Healthy Lemon Grass at Jojie's Painitang Bol-anon”

Leave a comment

Please leave a comment