Movies Watched: Soul Surfer

photo from connect.in.com
See that surfer above? What do you thik? Outstanding wave surf right? But would you believe that the lady in that photo has only one arm? Yes, she lost her left arm in a shark attack in 2003. She is Bethany Hamilton, 21 and is a professional surfer. I just watched the movie Soul Surfer which was based on her autobiography Soul Surfer: A True Story of Faith, Family and Fighting to Get Back on the Board. Check her blog at Bethanyhamilton.com.

The rest of Bethany's story can be googled. The casts of the movie were Anna Sophia Rob as Bethany, Dennis Quaid as her dad, Helen Hunt as her mom, Ross Thomas her brother, Carrie Underwood as Sarh Hill, her spritiual concilour, Lorraine Nicholson as her bestfriend.  


photo from http://andyiron.blogspot.com
Watching the movie made me cry, in fact I was crying the entire time and as a result, my eyes got swollen afterwards. Bethany was used by God to be an inspiration to others, her family has been very supportive and had given all their love and understanding. She had a great family basing on the movie. I am amazed by her courage and her determination to strive for what she loves doing. It's a film worth sharing for and worth to be watched by all sorts of ages. Be inspired, watch Soul Surfer today.

Best line from the movie:

"I wouldn't change what happened to me because then I wouldn't have this chance in front of all of you, a chance to embrace more people than I ever could have with two arms."

xoxo,

Pin It!

Leave a comment

Please leave a comment