My Sad Paypal Story

Let me share this sad story to you guys, this is all about my unfortunate experience with Paypal.

If you haven't known, Paypal is an e-commerce business which allows electronic payments and money transfers, so this is done over the internet. The account can be funded with an electronic debit from a bank account or by a credit card. This is really popular to those online vendors and among programmers who render services OTA (over the air).

I did sign up for a Paypal account sometime in March, 2010 for my boyfriend's use. I admit there were some user problems that time, I used my father's debit banco de Oro account instead of my own, thinking that it is okay as long as I can add an account to it. My boyfriend then had received a couple of payments from his employer from the US and he had sent it to my Paypal account, and we were thinking there was never a problem with it.
When we were about to withdraw the amount, the account then became limited. When I signed in to my account, I had this message here: 


Or you can read my Paypal Account Limited post.

I then researched on the web on how to resolve it and if others had experienced this problem as well. Not surprising though because I had already visioned that many have this problem as well. Others were able to solve it by merely submitting documents and other papers to paypal. Others call paypal's customer service and there were some who wrote paypal and send it via email. In my case, any of these did not work. I tried sending a document, my driver's license, I sent them an email and explained about everything but there was no improvement. I received this email in return:
"from webform@intl.paypal.com  to me
   
Dear jean Beltran,

Thank you for inquiring as to how to restore access to your account.

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening
the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account and need
more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we
can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features
will be limited.

To return your account to regular standing, please complete the
checklist items indicated when you login to your account and click on
the link provided on the "Account Overview" page.

The link will appear as: "Your account access is limited: Click here for
Details."

Once you complete all of the checklist items, our Account Review team
will review your case and send you an email with the outcome of the
review. Cases are reviewed in the order they are received.

We regret any inconvenience, and we would like to restore your access as
soon as possible.

Please do not respond to this email, as responses to this message will
not be answered.

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review Team"

This email has been sent to me five times, woah...seemed like they're thinking I don't understand what they mean or something. Well, I never called them because that costs a lot of money. I even had opened a new EON account because according to my research, EON works perfectly with paypal. I was happy when I finally received my EON ATM card and added it on my account but still, there was no progress at all.

I let James send another email to paypal because with his case, he was able to resolve his account limitation without sending any document, just a mere email with "todo-todo" explanation and that was a two day process. So he then sent another explanation letter and resent the driver's license. At the end of the day, I received this email:
"from webform@intl.paypal.com to me
   
Dear jean Beltran,

Thanks for your email. We'll do our best to get back to you within 24
hours. It might take a bit longer (depending on the question), but we
try hard not to keep you waiting longer than 72 hours.

In the meantime, check out some of our online resources:

Help Center
- Find answers to common questions.
- Chat with our virtual customer service representative (if applicable).

- See what other people are asking.

To go to the Help Center, just click “Help” at the top of any page.

Security Center
- Find information on buying and selling safely.
- Report a problem with a transaction.
- Report fake emails or websites.

To go to the Security Center, just click “Security Center” at the top of
any page.

We look forward to helping you.

Sincerely,

PayPal"

I had some kind of hope that time,  I thought I could get the amount now after all of those trials.(char) But just before the light of hope came to lighten my hopeless heart, I received another email and this one is heart shattering:
"service@intl.paypal.com
 to me
   
Hello jean Beltran,

For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we often review accounts
for potential risks. After reviewing your account, we have decided to close
it because of security issues.

We are making every effort to minimize any disruption to your business.

If your PayPal account balance is zero, and you have no unresolved buyer
complaints or chargebacks, your account will remain limited.

-----------------------------------
Disbursement options
-----------------------------------

Option 1. If you owe refunds to any of your buyers, you can use the money
in your PayPal account to refund them.

To refund your buyers:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page.
3. Click "Contact Customer Service."
4. Under "Choose a Topic," select "Sending/Receiving Money."
5. Under "Choose a Subtopic," select "Refund/Cancel a Payment."
6. Click "Continue" and follow the instructions to refund payments.

Option 2. Money in your PayPal account will be held for 180 days. After 180
days, we'll email you information on how to receive your funds.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,

PayPal"

Woaaah! There it is, after everything, the account has been closed. So that was the ending of my sad story, I would not be able to get the money anymore. I was already thinking on how to spend that amount but Paypal had just taken it away from me.

I really thought that was the end but it wasn't. At the last part, there was a note about what will happen if there is an amount of money on the account.

So I will need to wait for 180 days before they could send the information on how I can get the funds out of it. After 48 years, I will need to wait again for another 48 years to get that amount. Isn't it so sad?

Pin It!

Leave a comment

Please leave a comment