Me Hearts Korean Drama: Lady Castle

I finished watching Lady Castle aka My Fair Lady today,  another korean drama, I started watching it last monday and glad I got to finish it three days after though I still have work. The truth is, I sleep 4-5 hours a day only because of this drama, well that's all sleep I could actually get if I have work but if I am on rest day, I can sleep all day long. The good thing is I can watch it at work using our simulation units but not too often since there are managers around. Teehee!

So what is this Lady Castle all about? Here is a citation from Wikipedia:
Kang Hye-na, the only successor of Kang-san Group, is the owner of the ‘Lady Castle’ and lives a ‘princess-like’ life with her servants. Hye-na’s parents died from a plane accident and her grandfather brought her up. Hye-na is strong-headed and selfish, whose world revolves around her because she could not experience the warmth of a family whilst growing up. One day, she comes across Dong-chan when she is carelessly driving and knocks into Dong-chan's truck in which he is shipping flowers. She knocks out a bunch of flowers from his truck so Dong-chan goes to complain. She refuses to apologise but just gives him money. She drives away although Dong-chan isn't satisfied. He chases after her and eventually cuts her of at the end of a road. Kang Hye-na ignores this and just drives straight into his truck. As a consequence of this he makes Hye-na do community service, kidnaps her, and appears in front of her as the new household manager. Hye-na makes every effort to throw him out from the Castle, but Dong-chan refuses to budge.


I won't talk about the drama but I would love to share my insights about the main characters, Kang Hye-na and Suh Dong-cha/ Butler Seo. I have seen Yoon Eun-hye before way back in college with Princess Hours and Coffee Prince, I never get to finish the later but I found her very young that time. In this series, she seemed had changed a lot. She looks elegant, sexy and pretty much beautiful than her previous series. I would say that she was good with her acting as a mean, bratty and selfish princess. She still is good in crying though. And I want to comment about her costumes. They were as well elegant and she had wore them with attitude. They fit her, watch the series and you'll definitely be wowed by the dresses. But I would say her hair sometimes was not that pretty. Well, at the start of the series, I was in wonder because sometimes it was long and then I found out that it was cut that way, she had just pull it at the back. She is lovely with make up on however, she is very natural without makeup. When the camera had focused her face on one of the scenes there, her skin is really fair and blemish-free I would say.

Now for Yoon Sang Hyun, this is my first time to see him. I don't know why but I didn't like him at first but found him "matipuno" muscular in the long run. Their were times that he resembles Lee min Ho I just don't know. His Hello song was also remarkable and I just knew that he is really a singer. It was obvious as well that he is pretty older than Yoon Eun-hye but I never thought he is actually 38. Now, that is really impressive. I thought he is at his late 20s.

Here is his Hello song:



I was also shocked seeing 49 Days' Scheduler, Jung Il Woo here whom I didn't recognized until my colleague informed me. He was skinny in 49 Days and his hair was different but I kept on saying he is so familiar. Well, that explains it.

Anyway, the series is good, what I love about Korean dramas is that they are conservatives and this one is. However, the story was kinda common. But overall, I still liked it. I cried during those eye tearing scenes. Most of all, the soundtracks were very beautiful. My favorite song is I Love You by Miryo ft Narsha and Can't Stop Love by Yoon Sang Hyun himself.







Pin It!

Leave a comment

Please leave a comment