BDO Online Account - How to Unlock

Oftentimes, I would forget the passwords I set on the websites I log in to especially if the website requires me to create a strong, unique password which needs a character, an upper case letter and a symbol. This websites will not allow me to put my birth-date, name or even my previously used passwords in creating a new one and the most hated part here is that you are required to replace it every 90 days. So indeed I would always end up hitting the forget password button. I know it sucks to remember all of them plus my work log in does the same thing, all of them are rambled inside my head and as soon as I face the log in page, it takes me a long time to recall what is it that is for this and this. Most of the time, I would need to try again twice but I need to be extra careful because on the third attempt, if I would miss it again, my account will get locked up.

Compared to my work password, whenever my account gets locked up I just have to inform my immediate supervisor about it and in three to five minutes, I got a new temporary password at hand however the online account such as the BDO one does the other way around.

Three months ago, I forgot to share that I got locked out with my BDO online account. The story was, James awakened me from a long sleep and asked me to log in to my account for some matters. I was damn sleepy and can’t even compose myself that I immediately logged in even without thinking what my password is. It was very careless of me that even after receiving the second incorrect password error message; I still tried to type another one and boom! You know what happened next.


Though I would really like to unlock it and be able to do online money transfer, I was having a lot of trouble getting the time to do it. I don’t really know why but I was very busy, can’t even think what made me busy last two months. Anyhow, I would like to share how I got to unlock it.
I have to call their voice customer support at 1800106318000, quiet long huh? But that’s the actual number that I dialed. BDO offices can let you borrow their phones for cases like this and when I went to BDO South Mandaue branch, I got the chance to get it done.

There wasn’t any wait time and a rep answered the call immediately and responded to my request. I spoke in English because I am much comfortable with it than speaking in Tagalog, honestly. I don’t want to be discriminated as a Bisaya just because of my accent. Anyway, the agent’s name if I can still remember was Richard and I want to thank him for being very polite and active during the call.
Before Richard could reset my BDO password, he asked me a couple of questions as part of the authentication process. Those questions were just the information I had entered when I signed up for this service though such as my mother’s maiden name, account number, my birth date as well as my address. After verifying all these info, I will need to wait within 24 hours for the temporary password then will need me to reset the password within 72 hours then. It was a fast talk which only took us like five minutes including the “is there anything else that I can help you out today” script.

Surprisingly, when I reached home and opened my email, I received the reset request. I am just glad that it was very fast in sending the email; I didn’t have to wait for 24 hours actually. Then immediately, I reset it to my preferred password. It was a piece of cake which took me almost three or four months to do.

Well at least now, I will be more extra careful when it comes to logging into my account and will definitely note my complicated BDO online account password.
Here are the other contact numbers:
Domestic Toll-Free Nos.:
1800-10-631-8000 (PLDT)
1800-3-631-8000 (Digitel)
1800-5-631-8000 (Bayantel)
1800-8-631-8000 (Globe)

International Toll-Free No.:
(Int'l. Access Code) + 800-8-6318000


Pin It!

Leave a comment

Please leave a comment