Me Hearts Korean Drama: Coffee Prince

Synopsis from wiki.d-addicts:
The life of Go Eun Chan (Yoon Eun Hye) is not easy; she works many jobs to pay off debts and even gave up her feminine image. Choi Han Kyul (Gong Yoo) is the heir of a big food company, but his grandmother wants him to settle down, so she arranged many dates for him. After Eun Chan bumped into Han Kyul and was mistaken for a boy, Han Kyul decided to hire Eun Chan to be his gay lover in order to avoid the arranged dates. Desperately in need of money, Eun Chan had no choice but to accept. Han Kyul's grandmother also made Han Kyul in charge of a filthy coffee shop in danger of being bankrupt. Eun Chan begged to work at the coffee shop, and not long after, feelings start to spark, except, how would Han Kyul accept his "homosexuality"?
I would say I had enjoyed this drama because of the characters and the story itself. Though the boy to boy situation was still common, the story had it's own uniqueness due to the environment and the cast who portrayed the characters. I like how they all had different personalities and how had complimented to it. Most specially the main cast, Yoon Eun Hye and Gong Yoo.



Here are my favorite characters of the drama:




While researching about the cast, I was saddened to find out that the funny Min-yeop had already passed away last 2008 due to a motorcycle accident.

I attempted to watch this series during my college sophomore year unfortunately, I was unable to finish it for some reasons. I actually don't remember what the reason was. Anyway, I am glad there are online sources for the series. This is considered as the fourth K-drama I had watched which starred Yoon Eun Hye, first was Princess Hours way back in college, Lady Castle seen just last October and Lie to Me finished last week. I would say she has been very good here. She had portrayed the tomboyish character effectively and I can't imagine she had to cut her hair for this drama. This has been a total opposite of her first drama, Princess Hours.

The part which I really enjoyed the most was that moment where Han Gyul had started liking Eun Chan. He was getting crazy that he decided to go to a psychiatrist. He had been really confused, imagine a straight man waking up liking another man? I LOLed a lot at this part. I love the scenes where Eun Hye was doodling on the glass windows, she sure can actually doodle!



Let's talk about the shop, I love the fact that this shop is a real one which still stands until today. The coffee shop is actually an old one which was remodeled for the said drama. The name Coffee Prince was not changed til present. If you had watched the romantic comedy Thai Movie Hello Stranger, the shop had appeared on the film also. The shop is pretty famous and had been visited by a lot of k-drama fans. I just learned that the coffees there are a bit costly. This would surely be one of my top most wanted place to go in Korea someday. I wouldn't mind paying that much just as long as I can take photos of the shop.





Pin It!

Leave a comment

Please leave a comment