Jojie's Painitang Bol-anon


Going back to work from a vacation means bringing home a "pasalubong". Pasalubong is any gift or souvenir brought for a family, loved ones or friends after being away for a period of time.

For almost three years, I would always buy Calamay or Peanut Kisses as pasalubong to my colleagues whenever I go home for vacation. For those who are not familiar with the two, Calamay is a sticky sweet famous delicacy of Bohol, it has been famous because of it is distinctively sold inside halved smooth coconut shells, but nowadays, this has been sold in plastic containers also for convenience. Peanut Kisses on the other hand is made from peanuts and egg whites shaped like miniature Chocolate Hills, the famous tourist spot in the island.


It has been three long years of always Calamay and Peanut Kisses so this time, I felt like going far more than that. I felt like bringing with me something different. A Boholana like me once informed me about Jojie's Cassava Cake. I have known that Jojie's is a bakeshop but never thought they have indigenous pasalubong delicacies as well.

Last Monday before I board on Supercat bound to Cebu, I searched for the exact branch which sells that special cassava cake. I first went to their main branch in Tagbilaran, along the side of Bohol Quality mall. The approachable lady then referred me to their Jojie's Painitang Bol-anon in Citysquare branch.

I went inside the tiny mall but never found the said branch. While looking for it, I stumbled upon PCBS (Philippine Christian Bible Store) and found myself searching for books that may attract my sight. I went out with two books in hand. One for me and for James. I had almost forgotten the main reason why I was there until my stomach reminded me so.

Since I was already tired and hungry, I ended up asking the guards inside. I learned that the branch was just outside the building. Finally found it and alas! I was surprised that there were a lot of people inside. It was raining outside and I thought these people might have been looking for affordable coffee or any drink that could heaten up their cold bodies just like me.
I finally found the cassava cake I was looking for right then. I ordered a slice of cassava cake for Php 12, a slice of Biko for Php 12, a cup of hot Tsokolate for Php 15 and another box of cassava cake as pasalubong for Php 240.
I must say this, the cassava cake is indeed good. Their hot tsokolate is not that sweet but it is fair enough for me to consume all of it. The serving time was considerably fast for me. 
Well if you happen to be in Tagbilaran City and would like to munch some Bohol indigenous goodies, Jojie's Painitang Bol-anon is the best place for you.

Now, Jojie's Painitang Bol-anon is not just limited to those delicacies but they also have their Boholano meals, check the following:

Spanish-style Sardines - Php 50
Inun-unang Tulingan     - Php 55
Chinorizo                   - Php 60
Kosahos Baka              - Php 70
Kosahos Baboy            - Php 70
Kosahos Kabaw           - Php 75
Karne Norte                - Php 75 

Some other photos:
Puto, Bibingka and more native foods.
Cassava Cake, Biko, Puto, Sapin-sapin and more...
I should go back and check the prints posted on the walls.
This one is indeed a noble advocacy.
My Biko and Cassava cake.
For more info, visit their branch at Tagbilaran City Square and Island City mall
Contact number : (038) 416-0867


Pin It!

Leave a comment

Please leave a comment