When Colds Attack


Colds is my greatest enemy next to getting a cough. Reasons? 

photo from www.scientificamerican.com
One. I hate sniffing it in again and again. Even if I have to blew it out, it seemed to have a stream of those sticky stuff. Two. Because of sniffing or blowing, my nose gets red and when I say red, it means really really red. Three. For some reasons my eyes would start crying and this results to swollen eyes. Four, I don't really like it when I am on a public area and I began sneezing, it's embarrassing.

I blame this to the Ceres bus which we rode going to Cebu last Thursday because the air conditioning was real damn cold and that James and I were not even wearing jackets. We had to share the thin small piece of a sarong I brought with me to cover my hair. But that is just my assumption, what really is it's cause?

According to Wikipedia: 
The common cold (also known as nasopharyngitis, acute viral rhinopharyngitis, acute coryza, or a cold) (Latin: rhinitis acuta catarrhalis) is a viral infectious disease of the upper respiratory system, caused primarily by rhinoviruses and coronaviruses. Common symptoms include a cough, sore throat, runny nose, and fever. There is currently no known treatment that shortens the duration; however, symptoms usually resolve spontaneously in 7 to 10 days, with some symptoms possibly lasting for up to three weeks.


According to a medical site, mayoclinic.com:
The common cold is a viral infection of your upper respiratory tract — your nose and throat. A common cold is usually harmless, although it may not feel that way. If it's not a runny nose, sore throat and cough, it's the watery eyes, sneezing and congestion — or maybe all of the above. In fact, because any one of more than 100 viruses can cause a common cold, signs and symptoms tend to vary greatly.
My Symptoms:

First thing I had was a sore throat then I started getting chills and eventually a running nose. It has been a pain in the ass when I am at work most specially when I answer calls. I need to mute the phone to inhale and to sniff or blow the clogged mucous inside which I really hate doing.

Medication: 

I already had taken some medicines for my colds, I took Neozep and No Drowse Decolgen but unfortunately, there isn't any progress yet. It lessens the cloggy nose though but after a couple of minutes, there it goes again.

James told me to just take water therapy but the pain it gives when I'm at work is unbearable and I can't wait any longer for it to go away specially because this coming Tuesday will be my brother's wedding.

Hopeful.

I do hope this will go away in two days before my brother's wedding day and our grand family reunion.

This is it for now and for you guys, be healthy stay away from colds.

xoxo,



Pin It!

Leave a comment

Please leave a comment